Thursday, April 9, 2009

4/8/09

So let me go through what has happened over the past couple of weeks. I competed in The Fittest Games Championship. It was pretty fun, but pretty damn hard. I did a couple of tough workouts with a lot of good people. I just started training for the Crossfit Regional Qualifier. It is going to take a lot of work, but I'll be trying to post up the workouts that I'm getting at. I've started to follow the Crossfit Football website, but am also doing some of my own programming. I'm combining heavy lifts with heavy metcons hoping to build strength. These past 3 days have consisted of the following 3 WOD's and slow lifts.

3/6/09
Heavy Deadlifts
3 3 3 3 3
Then

21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3

OH squats (45lb)
pullups
situps

3/7/09
Heavy Front Squats
3 3 3 3 3
Then

4 rounds:
Max reps 225 lb bench press
Max reps pullups
25 box jumps

3/8/09
Heavy Squat Cleans
3 3 3
Then

7 rounds:
3 jerks 155 lbs
6 pullups
9 burpees


Tomorrow is a rest day, but I might hit the track for some sprints. I also want to post a link for a good Crossfit friend of mine David's website. It is http://lionsdenfitness.wordpress.com/
He's doing good things up in College Station. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment